The Town of Lancaster, N.Y., features a unique combination of friendly residential areas and thriving businesses. No matter where you live in Lancaster, everything is convenient. Major malls and shopping centers are a short drive. Schools, libraries, civic centers, banks, post offices and churches of all denominations are within easy drive in town.
- The town covers 42 square miles to the east of Buffalo, with a population of approximately 32,000.
- Lancaster is served by five school districts. The largest is Lancaster Central School District, composed of five elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school.
- Education in Lancaster ranks high and well above state and national averages.
- Lancaster has multiple public and private golf clubs with nationally recognized 18 hole golf courses.
- Como Lake Park is a county park of 375 acres offering picnic sites, baseball diamonds, and tennis courts in the summer; skating and sledding in the winter.
- There are three town parks and seven shared facilities operated by the Town of Lancaster Recreation Department.
Lancaster consists of the following communities:
- Juniper Townhomes
- Plum Creek Patio Homes
- Summerwind Patio Homes
- Juniper Landing Patio Homes
- Summerfield Farms